It’s Not YOUR Fault!!
When it comes to weight loss women definitely get the short end of the stick. It’s definitely harder for women to lose weight. In fact, women have been hardwired to not lose weight. And no matter how cheesy what I’m about to tell you sounds, it all makes perfect sense if we stop and think about it. Let me explain. It all stems back to the hunter-gatherer days of our ancestors……..those caveman days!!!!
Men were not built for fat storage at all. Men were built to be lean and fast to hunt for food. How men can even accumulate fat at all goes completely against our genetics. On the other hand, women were built for fat stores to be able to survive and care for children during famine. Their essential minimal fat stores are many times higher than men.
Women were built to accumulate as much fat as possible and to not lose those accumulations for childbirth, milk production, and child-bearing.
This is basic information and like I said….most women probably already know this….BUT did you know there are 3 pretty unknown reasons they gain fat….EVEN WHEN TRYING TO LOSE FAT!!!!
REASON#1….Women have larger fat cells than men and contain more fat storing enzymes.
REASON#2….Estrogen multiplies fat storing enzymes…….and take a guess where the flab accumulates???? Butt and thighs!!!! 99% of women all struggle with cellulite and fat on these 2 areas because of this female hormone.
REASON#3….CRASH DIETS!!! Come on ladies, admit it….you all have tried some starvation crazy fad diet. Crash diets decrease fat burning enzymes…so cutting calories will inevitably lead to fat gain!!! Many women will know exactly what I am talking about.
BACK TO SCHOOL……HOPE I DON’T BORE YOU!!!!
OK, let me give you a tiny anatomy lesson, and it’s probably something you’ve never heard about. I may get a little bit technical for second, but stick with me because I promise you by the end you should understand how to lose the weight you want and keep it off for good.
This unusual tip is about your liver.
Now, the main role of the liver is to break down toxic substances and produce bile, which breaks down fats in the small intestines. Bile is critical for the transport of fats through the body. Liver dysfunction can result in difficulties eliminating cholesterol, which is a type of fat. Liver dysfunction can be a very significant factor in weight gain.
Now, if the liver does not regulate fat metabolism efficiently weight gain tends to occur around the belly area……potbelly anyone!!!
Another sign of an unhealthy liver can be a roll of fat under the upper abdomen. If the liver filter is not functioning correctly then it can’t remove the small fat globules, Chylomicrons that circulate in the bloodstream.
These extra Chylomicrons can build up in other organs and in fatty deposits under the skin which can lead to cellulite, which tends to be found in your butt, thighs, arms (those lunch lady arms) and belly. It can be very difficult to lose this abdominal fat until the liver function is improved. That’s one of the major reasons that the older we get the fatter we get.
So basically what I’m trying to say is this: when your liver is clogged up with junk it will be difficult to lose weight no matter how much dieting and exercise you do. Ever wonder why whenever you would diet and then stop you would gain weight right back?
Well, clean out your liver properly and turn it right back into the fat burning, metabolism boosting organ that it can be. Imagine starting a good weight loss program with a healthy liver that’s regularly burning fat for you twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, even while you sleep. The key here is to get your body as healthy as possible before beginning a proper fat loss program.
Now for those of you who know me, will realize that I do not understand all this “DETOXING” the body. Look I am all for cleaning house….but many people go on a detox program for 5 days….and on day 6 they just start RETOXING again!!!!!!!
Sadly, our food, water and air have all been compromised. Essentially, most people are being poisoned and don’t even know it!
Instead of doing a detox or cleanse, they go on drugs or take other worthless vitamins in an attempt to mask the above problems. In time, health continues to deteriorate.
So what can we do to help our liver restore its potent fat burning potential?
What can we do to maintain the liver’s fat burning potential?
Let’s get into the reason we are reading this…..the solution!!!!
1.If you are like me, nothing quite starts my day like a hot cup of paraxanthine!!!
Did I say paraxanthine? Oh sorry, I meant to say COFFEE!!!!!!!
But not just any coffee….make sure it is quality stuff with only 1 ingredient please…not of that instant crap!!!!
So why coffee???
Your liver loves paraxanthine. When your body breaks down caffeine (among hundreds of other substances found in a cup-o-Joe), it makes paraxanthine. That’s a compound that slows the growth of tissue found in three of the worst liver conditions: cirrhosis, fibrosis, and cancer.
- Supplementing with MILK THISTLE. This stuff is really potent….and not expensive either. Even top body builders use it to help the liver when taking anabolic steroids. Steroids can wreak havoc on liver enzymes and liver function. Milk Thistle is currently used to treat alcoholic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis , liver poisoning, and viral hepatitis, as well as to protect the liver in general from the effects of liver-toxic medications.
- The liver is basically the body’s dustbin, so I recommend cleaning out the crap every morning before your day starts. The 2 following tips you probably know already…..but many think it is an old wives tale…..trust me they not. (A) Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of FRESHLY squeezed lemon juice in a little room temperature water and drink it every morning. (B) Eat ½ fresh grapefruit every morning or evening….Grapefruit is probably the most potent food to clean your liver!
- Supplementing with Spirulina. This fresh water algae is a potent anti-oxidant…plus is loaded with protein.
- Glutathione: We call it the “master antioxidant.” And there’s a good reason for that. Glutathione has the power to rid your body of heavy metals like mercury. But it also fights cellular damage from free radicals.
Without enough of it, your liver cannot protect you from toxins, bacteria, and oxidative stress. Consider cirrhosis for a minute. Not surprisingly, it causes a major lack of glutathione in your liver cells.
You can find glutathione as a supplement online. We suggest you get it in liposomal form. But if you want to make your body produce more of it naturally, try eating sulfur-rich foods like garlic, onion, and broccoli.
- Activated Charcoal: It does more than make your teeth white. Activated charcoal is used to prevent poisoning and drug overdoses. That’s because it binds to toxins like heavy metals. This allows your body to pass them without harm. Chronic exposure to these toxins causes allergic reactions, rapid aging, and a weak immune system.
You can take this after eating something you know you probably shouldn’t have. Taking it before bed allows your body detox while you sleep. And frankly, it’s a great way to avoid a hangover if you had one too many drinks.
You can get this as a supplement at health stores and online. Look for a brand that has a higher amount per serving to experience fast, powerful liver protection.
- Curcumin: It gives turmeric its golden colour. It’s also what makes turmeric so good for your liver. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that keep disease at bay.
Many studies have found that fermented turmeric powder significantly lowers the amount of enzymes associated with liver damage. One study shows that curcumin directly prevents the development of liver cirrhosis in rats.
You can get curcumin naturally from turmeric. You can also find it as a supplement in most health stores and online. Just make sure that the curcumin comes from a natural source so that your liver doesn’t try to fight it off.
- Apples: are high in pectin, proving the body the nutrients to cleanse
and release toxins from the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the
liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.9. Avocados: this nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce
glutathione, which is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
Recent studies indicate improved liver health when avocados are eaten
on a regular basis.10. Beets: are extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene,
which helps stimulate and improve overall liver function.
11. Flaxseed and olive oil: are great for the liver because they provide
healthy fats that absorb harmful toxins in the body. This takes some of
the “toxic overload” burden off the liver.
12. Garlic: just a small amount actually activates liver enzymes, which
flushes out toxins. Garlic is also high in allicin and selenium, two
natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
13. Green Tea: is loaded with plant antioxidants known as catechins,
which assists the livers overall functions in the body.
14. Leafy Green Vegetables: arugula, spinach, mustard greens and
chicory are among the most powerful allies in cleansing the liver. They
are extremely high in plant chlorophylls, which literally suck up toxins
from the blood stream. With their powerful ability to neutralize chemicals
and pesticides, they offer a great protective mechanism for the liver!
15. Natural starchy carbs: such as brown rice, yams, and squash are
rich in B vitamins, which improve fat metabolization, liver function, and
So, there you have 15 solutions….and many of these FOODS you can simply eat daily in your healthy lifestyle.
If you need any further advice on the liver topic (or any topic), or have any questions, then please drop me an e-mail on email@example.com