80 Calorie Frozen hot chocolate
(Makes 1 very big serving)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (at least 1/3 cup of full-fat coconut milk if you want a truly-rich treat)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (10 grammes)
- pinch of salt (do not omit this)
- 1 sachet sweetener(stevia) or 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or organic honey (or more, if you have a sweet tooth)
- Optional: for an even richer flavour, try adding a little bit of melted chocolate (Lindt) or chocolate syrup
- Combine ingredients and whisk together on the stove. Or microwave 30 seconds, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds.
- Let cool, then pour into an ice-cube tray. If you don’t have one, pour into three or four small containers. (Or pour it all into one container, but be sure to thaw before doing the next step so your blender can handle the one big block of frozen-ness.) Freeze.
- Once frozen, pop the mixture into a blender and blend!
- Do not add ice. I repeat: Do NOT add ice. You will dilute the flavour.