CHICKEN MEAT BALLS
- 750g ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 150g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 75g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 lb broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter for serving
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Mix the ingredients for the ground chicken and make 10-12 big balls with the help of a pair of spoons. Ground chicken is softer and looser than ground beef, so it is harder to make perfect balls. Just do your best; they will become more uniform when you fry them.
- Heat up some olive oil or butter in a big non-stick frying pan and add the raw meatballs. There should be a little space between the balls. Brown over medium heat, turning the balls often, until they are browned on all sides. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and tomato paste. Boil and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh basil right before you serve.
- Boil the broccoli in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Serve it up with a small dollop of butter next to the chicken meatballs and cream sauce.